We are looking for an ambitious, highly capable and experienced .NET Developer / Web Developer (C# / ASP.Net) with a proven track record to join our growing digital agency in Reading.
You will be technically competent with a passion for delivery. Your code will make a difference to our clients’ businesses so it needs to be of high-quality, intuitive and efficient. You will be a team player with an ambition to progress in an exciting, energetic and highly diverse environment.
You'll be expected to hit the ground running and start delivering straight away. We have a range of exciting projects across a number of industries and we are proud of our projects being delivered on time, on quality, on budget and realising the business objectives of our clients.
Whilst you'll be encouraged to expand and improve your skill set at Discover IT, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
- Have a minimum of two years commercial ASP.NET development for websites using C#.
- Experience working with ASP.NET content management and e-commerce platforms
- Demonstrable experience using ASP.NET Web Forms / MVC
- Demonstrable experience using SQL Server
- Know how to configure Windows Server and IIS
- Experience writing technical / functional specification documents
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of leading a team of developers
- Experience with a .NET CMS (Ideally Kentico)
- Working knowledge of Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL
- Strong OOP understanding
- Automation testing including load testing and web driver browser testing
- Experience integrating ASP.NET applications with products such as Salesforce, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience working with a cloud computing providers such as Microsoft Azure
The successful creative candidate can expect to receive a competitive rate of pay, relative to skills and experience, with yearly reviews and appraisals. Discover IT also operates and contributes to an excellent company pension scheme. We are a dedicated and enthusiastic team and the on-going training and development of our staff is an important priority for the company.
- New central Reading location (next to Train Station) - Moving end-February 2019
- Complimentary tea, bean-to-cup coffee
- Showers and changing facilities
- Cycle parking
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Various deals and discounts with local cafe's, shops, gyms and eateries.
- High-spec workstations with dual-screen monitors
- Opportunities to attend industry events such as Kentico Connection and Microsoft TechDays