BTG plc is an international specialist healthcare company that is developing and commercializing products targeting critical care, cancer, and other disorders. My Varicose Veins is an informative website for anyone who is looking for a clinic or doctor in Canada. It also provides educational information about the causes, symptoms and available treatment of Varicose Veins, in the Canada.
This was a site for My Varicose Veins, a Canadian specialist healthcare company. The primary objectives for the site were to:
- Redesign the website to give it a fresh look, while keeping all the original content
- To include a clinic finder to help visitors locate local clinics and doctors able to treat varicose veins
The main challenges were:
- Web responsiveness – Discover IT had to make the site responsive so that it would offer the same functionalities on mobile devices as it would on a desktop.
- Interactive map – Discover IT needed to customize the map to fit into the styling of the site, and to only show doctors and clinics within 200km of the user’s location.
- Importing content – Discover IT needed to grab all of the original content from the old website and fit it into the design of the new site.
As a solution to the map, Discover IT decided to use Google Maps. The interactive map was rendered using a Kentico basic repeater and
implemented with Google Maps API. The Google maps API allowed us to add the following features to the clinic finder.
- Customized markers
- Autocomplete of addresses
- Dynamic updating when clinic is selected